IN THIS EPISODE:
1. Green recovery from COVID? [min 1:14]
Fifteen months in to COVID-19, countries around the world have spent trillions on relief, corporate bail-outs and economic stimulus. Is that spending putting us on pace for a green recovery, or a historically dirty one?
- Tracker: “Vivid Economics ‘Greenness of Stimulus Index’”
- WRI Paper: “Lessons Learned on Green Stimulus: Case Studies from the Global Financial Crisis”
- Analysis: Smart Prosperity Institute on the 2021 Federal Budget
2. Canada’s new X-Prize winner [min 14:30]
Two weeks ago, Nova Scotia’s Carbon Cure took home the top prize in X-Prize’s latest $20-million competition. Jennifer Wagner talks about the company’s unique technology that plugs carbon pollution into concrete.
3. 60-Second Report: “Energy Foundations: The Value Proposition for Financing Energy Efficient Homes in Indigenous Communities Canada-Wide” [min 21: 40]
- Check out the Report
4. “Five Other Things Happening in the Green Economy This Week” [min 22:52]
- Read the blog on the “5 Other Things Happening in the Green Economy This Week”
Have feedback on this episode?
Episode 14 includes music and clips from Eric Campbell, Audio Jungle and Zapsplat