Prefer to read? Click here for the transcript
IN THIS EPISODE:
1. Is this the end of carbon tax politics? [min 1:08]
Last week, the Supreme Court ruled in favour of the federal government’s right to enforce a minimum price on greenhouse gas emissions. Four political insiders and one lawyer that argued the case consider the ramifications.
- “Carbon Pricing on Trial: Unpacking the Supreme Court decision”: Webinar Recording
- “The Politics of Carbon Pricing – What does the Supreme Court Decision Mean for the Future of Climate Policy in Canada?”: Webinar Recording
2. How close is “carbon removal” to reality? [min 9:45]
World-leading expert, Dr. Jennifer Wilcox, shares the price tag for removing carbon from the air, and what needs to happen for costs to come down. And then a Canadian carbon removal innovator shares his excitement.
- Ted Talk: “Jennifer Wilcox: A New Way to Remove CO2 from the Atmosphere”
- News Release: Shopify invests in Planetary Hydrogen
3. 60-Second Report: “Waste Prevention: The Environmental and Economic Benefits for Canada” [min 20:20]
- Check out the Report
4. “Five Other Things Happening in the Green Economy This Week” [min 22:01]
- Read the blog on the “5 Other Things Happening in the Green Economy This Week”
Have feedback on this episode? Ideas for future episodes?
Episode 12 includes music and clips from Eric Campbell, Audio Jungle, Zapsplat and Global News