On March 1st & 2nd, the 2018 Economics and Environmental Policy Research Network (EEPRN) Symposium took place at the Museum of Nature in Ottawa. Held annually, this Symposium brings together the top environment-economy scholars from across Canada and the world, and policy experts from government and business. The agenda for the 2018 Symposium can be found here.
A core objective of this year’s Symposium was scoping a research agenda for our ongoing clean innovation work, identifying how research efforts within the EEPRN can support the advancement of key public policy aims over the coming years. To this end, presenters and discussants were asked to focus their remarks on highlighting possible research questions. A summary of these “crowd-sourced” research questions and summary notes for each of the Symposium sessions are available here:
- Plenary I - Current Landscape and Clean Innovation Policy Developments in Canada
- Plenary II - Environmental Regulation, Carbon Pricing and Economic Competitiveness
- Plenary III - Carbon Pricing, Climate Policy Mixes and Clean Innovation Outcomes
- ECCC Keynote - ECCC Policy and Research Priorities
- Plenary IV - Unleashing Private Investment for Innovation
- Discussion Session - New Data Opportunities for Linked Environment-Economy-Innovation Research
- Plenary V - Signaling Policy Predictability for Long-Term Investment in Clean Innovation
- Plenary VI - Public Institutions and Governance Structures
- Crowd-sourced Research Questions from EEPRN Symposium 2018
If you have a particular expertise and interest in addressing one of these research questions, or feel that a key research question is missing, please contact us at email@example.com
To learn more about the Economics and Environmental Policy Research Network click here.