Date: Thursday, March 17, 2022
Time: 12:30-2:00 pm ET
Click here to view a recording of the event
Questions about this event? Contact email@example.com
As the world moves towards net-zero, Canada needs to build the industries that will position it for success in the 21st century global green economy or risk being left behind by the strategic efforts of other countries, with considerable consequences for our future prosperity.
On March 17th from 12:30-2pm ET, Smart Prosperity Institute, Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions, and The Transition Accelerator explored our report, Canada’s Future in a Net-Zero World: Securing Canada’s Place in the Global Green Economy, which lays out how governments can take an industrial policy approach to ensure Canada’s long-term competitiveness.
The audience heard from report authors Derek Eaton, Director of Public Policy Research and Outreach at Smart Prosperity Institute and Bentley Allan, Resident Fellow at The Transition Accelerator and former Associate Director at PICS on why Canada must focus on its top economic opportunities, create long-term strategies that integrate policy tools, and align public and private actions by co-developing roadmaps to develop key sectors. The webinar also featured a panel discussion.
- Bentley Allan, Resident Fellow at The Transition Accelerator and former Associate Director at PICS
- Derek Eaton, Director of Public Policy Research and Outreach at Smart Prosperity Institute
- Bruce Lourie, President, Ivey Foundation and Chair of The Transition Accelerator's Board of Directors
- Andy Chisholm, Board Member, RBC and MaRS. Member of the Expert Panel on Sustainable Finance
- Janet Annesley, Chief Sustainability Officer, Kiwetinohk Energy
- Moe Kabbara, Senior Consultant at Dunsky Energy + Climate Advisors, Senior Strategic Advisor at Accelerate, and Co-Chair of Canadian Battery Task Force
- Sandra Odendahl, Vice-President and Global Head of Sustainability, Scotiabank
To submit questions to the panel ahead of the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event was open to the public and everyone was welcome to attend. The discussion was tailored to an audience familiar with the net-zero transition, including government officials, representatives from industry and finance, and NGOs.
If you require any adaptive measures in order to fully participate in this event, please reach out to email@example.com so that we can make arrangements.