Smart Prosperity Institute (SPI) is hiring a new Manager of Knowledge and Partnerships. SPI is Canada’s leading green economy research institute and think tank, based at the University of Ottawa. SPI turns world-class research into high impact policy change for clean growth and innovation. Our Manager of Knowledge and Partnerships will work with the SPI management team to engage and organize its global network of academic experts and its business leaders group on a range of environment-economy research issues, such as: clean innovation, circular economy, pollution pricing, climate policy, incentives for nature conservation, and how smart policies can drive clean growth in different sectors (agriculture, mining, manufacturing, building trades, energy, etc).
The Manager of Knowledge and Partnerships will work closely with the SPI executive chair and the SPI management team to develop agendas and work plans with our research and leadership networks and organize projects, events and communications activities that engage them.
Title: Manager of Knowledge and Partnerships
Location: Smart Prosperity Institute, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Number of Positions: 1
Start date: as soon as possible
- Designs, plans and manages all aspects of Smart Prosperity Institute knowledge sharing events in accordance with Smart Prosperity Institute and University of Ottawa standards and protocols. Knowledge sharing events include faculty, academic or research seminars, conferences, and symposiums that highlight Smart Prosperity Institute and research network policy releases and research to an audience that can include policymakers at various levels of government, policy influencers, researchers, the public, the academic sector, industry and strategic relationships.
- Designs, plans and manages all aspects of Smart Prosperity Institute events in order to support the reputation, relationship building and funding objectives of SPI and our partnerships. (see above for sub-duties)
- Supports existing partnerships by coordinating partner communications and activities, planning meetings and collaborating with partners to promote the work of the partnership. This support will ensure that our partnerships deepen over time.
- Coordinates knowledge sharing events and communications for Environment Canada’s Economics and Environmental Policy Research Network and the Smart Prosperity Institute’s Canadian Research Network and Student Research Network, as well as other research and policy networks administered by the Smart Prosperity Institute in a manner that facilitates research translation and dissemination.
- Supports the development of new domestic and international partnerships, including scoping, coordination of funding proposals and partner recruitment in order to grow SPI network of partners.
- Compiles and writes performance reports for major funders that meet the requirements of funding agreements in order to demonstrate excellence. Collects performance indicator data across the organization in order to support internal performance assessments.
- Provides support for the office of the Chair in order to facilitate the Chair’s work.
- Post-secondary degree in economics, public policy, environmental studies or related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in the management of high-profile, public events, which includes budget administration, event planning, stakeholder engagement and communications. Experience in managing environmental events a strong asset.
- Strong knowledge of environmental economics issues and politics in Canada and globally and ability to apply knowledge to event design.
- Knowledge of generally accepted social and university procedures of etiquette and protocol.
- Ability to formulate creative ideas, analyze, evaluate and negotiate details leading to a successful event.
- Ability to interact and communicate in a positive manner with a diverse clientele including prominent business leaders, government officials, bureaucrats, volunteers.
- Ability to address complex issues in a clear, thoughtful manner and come to resolution quickly and calmly without jeopardizing the event or the relationships.
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, sound judgment, team building and resourcefulness in working with senior administrators, colleagues, volunteers and members of the external community.
- Proficient skills in the use of spreadsheet, text processing, presentation, and database software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; experience in project management, including the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Available to travel as required.
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset.
Please send your CV and a cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the competencies above to email@example.com, including the job title in both the email subject line and cover letter. The deadline for applications is June 21, 2020. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive and this position may be filled prior to June 21, 2020 if the right candidate is found.
Smart Prosperity Institute (formerly Sustainable Prosperity) is a national research network and policy think tank based at the University of Ottawa. We deliver world-class research and work with public and private partners – all to advance practical policies and market solutions for a stronger, cleaner economy.
Learn more at institute.smartprosperity.ca