Smart Prosperity Institute (SPI) is hiring a new Program Officer. SPI is Canada’s leading green economy research institute and think tank, based at the University of Ottawa. SPI turns world-class research into high impact policy change for clean growth and innovation.
The Program Officer will be responsible for executing logistical activities related to the delivery of programs within the Smart Prosperity Institute, including but not limited to courses, workshops, training and events, while ensuring smooth and efficient operations. They will coordinate elements of physical and material resources, including arrangements with third-party providers and other uOttawa services. The Program Officer will perform routine financial transactions, routine communications and other administrative support functions related to program delivery and will be responsible for tracking and reporting impact across research programs, in coordination with Directors and research leads. The Program Officer may be required to execute logistical activities for special projects within the scope of the overall program.
Title: Program Officer
Location: Flexible in Canada, virtual
Start date: September 2022. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Salary band: $51,950 – $66,139
1. Program Operations: Performs a variety of operational functions related to ongoing program delivery in the context of a service, academic sector, or in a research environment. Performs routine administrative and financial functions. Executes all operational activities around program delivery efficiently and within budget. Troubleshoots unanticipated complications within the scope of program execution and implements creative solutions to ensure operational continuity. Maintains accurate records for key historical data and program metrics.
2. Client Service and Communications: Acts as communication liaison between program management, clients, contributors, experts and other stakeholders in order to ensure the effective sharing of critical information related to the program components under his or her area of responsibility. Ensures that accurate and clear information related to the program, deadlines, and requirements is consistently available and updated. Addresses client feedback, escalates more complex areas of concern to program management, with the goal of favouring service excellence.
3. Activity and Event Registration: Handles registration related to ongoing participation in program offerings. Plans and executes efficient participant registration and all related follow-up for special events. Handles other routine activities in support of the smooth execution of program events within the scope of the program.
4. Resource Coordination: Administers accurate inventories of resources required for program delivery. Contributes to the overall planning for all program offerings by projecting resource requirements for program cycles, including material and space requirements.
5. Reporting: Provides a variety of reports to management in support of program planning and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Post-secondary education in administration, or an acceptable combination of education and experience
• Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in administrative coordination
• Client service orientation
• Teamwork and cooperation
• Experience working in a postsecondary institution or other complex organization is an asset
• Strong organizational abilities and consistent attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to produce high quality work in an environment with multiple strict deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to occasionally work outside of normal office hours
• Bilingualism – French and English (spoken and written) is an asset
Please submit a brief cover letter and CV in one document, including any relevant links to past work, reports and publications. Apply for this position at the link below. This role will be filled as soon as we find the right person for the role, so candidates are encouraged to apply early.
The deadline for applications is August 12th but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so apply early. This position may be filled prior to August 12th if the right candidate is found.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the role.
The Smart Prosperity Institute embraces diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are passionate about our people and committed to employment equity. We are at our best when everyone has a seat at the table, and when we are made to feel like we belong. While all qualified persons are invited to apply, we welcome applications from Indigenous persons, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA2S+ persons.
Smart Prosperity Institute (formerly Sustainable Prosperity) is a national research network and policy think tank based at the University of Ottawa. We deliver world-class research and work with public and private partners – all to advance practical policies and market solutions for a stronger, cleaner economy. Learn more: institute.smartprosperity.ca