IN THIS EPISODE:
1. Provincial climate report cards [min 1:03]
The federal government sets the international targets, but it’s Canada’s provinces that have the primary jurisdiction over reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Have we been letting them off the hook?
- Article: “Net-zero report card: How future-friendly are Canadian provinces?”
2. Trouble in BC’s old growth forests [min 12:28]
Forestry is one of Canada’s oldest economic sectors. But with protests bubbling up across British Columbia, we get a balanced look at what needs to happen for the sector to evolve in BC.
- CBC The National: “Forest management questioned amid B.C. logging protest”
- Report: “A New Future for Old Forests”
3. 60-Second Report: "Transitioning to a circular economy – Learning from the Québec experience" [min 22:01]
- Check out the Report
4. “Five Other Things Happening in the Green Economy This Week” [min 23:24]
- Read the blog on the “5 Other Things Happening in the Green Economy This Week”
Have feedback on this episode?
Episode 16 includes music and clips from Eric Campbell, Audio Jungle, Zapsplat, CBC The National, and Mammas Movement