Prefer to read? Click here for the transcript
IN THIS EPISODE:
1. A plan for cutting pollution from cars and trucks [min 1:45]
Canadians drive the dirtiest cars on the planet, making transportation the second biggest source of climate pollution. There’s a three-step solution.
2. The problem with carbon offsets [min 10:56]
Does paying two dollars to plant a tree undo the emissions of your last flight or of driving your car?
- “Can Ottawa build a carbon offsets market without greenwashing?”: Adam Radwanski, The Globe and Mail
- The trouble with offsets: Nic Rivers Twitter thread
3. 60-Second Report: “Reality Check: Carbon Emissions Inventory in the GTHA” [min 20:47]
- Check out the Report
4. “Five Other Things Happening in the Green Economy This Week” [min 22:28]
- Read the blog on the “5 Other Things Happening in the Green Economy This Week”
Have feedback on this episode? Ideas for future episodes?
Episode 11 includes music and clips from Eric Campbell, Audio Jungle and Zapsplat