IN THIS EPISODE:
1. There must be 60 ways to hit “net zero” [min 1:13]
Last November, Canada joined more than 100 countries in pledging to achieve net-zero emissions by the year 2050. Is it even possible? A much-anticipated report now tells us how Canada could get there.
2. The technology that changes everything [min 11:42]
Up until now, the world’s #1 solution for fighting climate change has been to cut down the amount of pollution we’re depositing in the atmosphere. A new and emerging suite of technologies will now let us suck existing pollution out of the atmosphere. What does it look like and how big a role can it play?
- Devin’s Pick #1: Check out the open-license “Carbon Dioxide Removal Primer”
- Devin’s Pick #2: Watch Dr. Jennifer Wicox’s TEDTalks
- Financial Times: Elon Musk offers $100-million prize for carbon capture
3. 60-Second Report: "Employment Transitions and the Phase-Out of Fossil Fuels” [min 20:26]
- Check out the Summary and Report
4. “Five Other Things Happening in the Green Economy This Week” [min 22:15]
Have feedback on this episode? Ideas for future episodes?
Episode 9 includes music and clips from Eric Campbell, Audio Jungle and Zapsplat