Event Date: April 27, 2010
Alex Wood, Sustainable Prosperity's Senior Director, Policy and Markets, will be speaking on a panel at a Public Policy Forum event, "Deploying Clean Technologies: Canada-United States Private Sector and Government Investment in Cleantech" on April 27, 2010.
The Public Policy Forum is convening an expert roundtable in collaboration with the Embassy of Canada in Washington, the Canada Institute of the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars and the Center for American Progress to discuss private and public sector investment in clean technologies in Canada and the United States.
This invitation only event will bring together some 50 leaders from the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors for a constructive cross-border dialogue, informed by expert speakers, and aimed at practical next steps to improve collaboration. The event will feature a luncheon address by His Excellency Gary Doer, Canada's Ambassador to the United States of America, who will share his well informed thoughts on this subject.
We will pay particular attention to the following themes and questions:
- An exchange of experiences with various approaches to financing the development and deployment of clean technologies
- An examination of the private sector interest to invest in cleantech
- The feasibility of cleantech investments in the absence of a carbon pricing mechanism
- An exploration of common interests and collaboration in various technologies
- The accessibility of U.S. markets to Canadian technology and vice versa
For additional information, please visit the Public Policy Forum website.